Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump troubles in Neptune City during the winter time, when they’re required to keep you toasty. While you know the team at Aggressive Mechanical will forever be there ASAP when you ask for us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is needed and save yourself some expenses if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to test before you give us a call.
- It may sound silly, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to several calls only to realize the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, increase the temperature by five degrees to check if it kicks on.
- If everything looks correct, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to make sure they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump maintenance check, call Aggressive Mechanical at 732-806-5536 and we’ll get your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.