Keeping your HVAC system in good repair sometimes means replacing old parts that have failed or are about to fail. Fortunately, as long as you keep up with annual maintenance, your technician can usually catch these failing parts before they cause bigger problems. Which parts are most likely to need replacing, though? Here are some of the most common HVAC replacement parts.
- Capacitors and contactors. The start capacitor is what provides the electricity to turn the system on, and the run capacitor provides electricity to keep it going. In other words, the most vital of the HVAC replacement parts. The contactor controls the flow of electricity to the unit's components. They're very important — and also the most likely parts to break in your system. Fortunately, they're relatively inexpensive to replace.
- Blower motor. If your system runs continually throughout the season, your fan or blower motor can burn out. Replacement is fairly routine. During annual maintenance, your technician will generally notice if your fan is wearing out and replace it before it breaks.
- Evaporator coils. Your coils get covered with dirt and debris over time. As long as you clean them regularly, they should last a long time. If they're not cleaned, they can become corroded and need replacement. This also leads to a loss of refrigerant.
- Compressor. The compressor is the most expensive HVAC part to replace. It's also one of the most important parts. Its failure can cause breakdowns throughout the rest of the system. If your HVAC system is eight years old or older, it's probably cheaper in the long run to purchase a new unit rather than replacing the compressor.
- Air filters. Slightly different than the other HVAC replacement parts on this list, but no less important, your air filter should be checked regularly and replaced every three to six months as needed. If it isn't, the filter can become clogged, restricting airflow to your home. This in turn uses more energy and wears out the system more quickly, leading to costly repairs.
If you need HVAC replacement parts, contact us at Aggressive Mechanical Contractors to help you find and install them. We provide quality heating and cooling solutions to Neptune City.