With warmer temps nearby, now is the time to prep your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is operating at its best, it can cut a large amount off your energy costs! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could significantly heighten your expenses and cause unnecessary and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Aggressive Mechanical expert perform air conditioning service
at least each year is crucial to keeping your system working well for a long time. He or she can make sure the unit is working properly and can identify possible problems in advance of them happening, saving you even more money.
Your skilled air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to setting up your skilled air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and occasionally throughout the year to be sure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you kept it covered during winter. Utilizing your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it could damage your system and require large repairs or even replacement.
- Clean the area surrounding your AC. Make sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing around your AC unit because they might interfere with airflow through your AC. Also ensure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any piece of it.
Throughout the year:
- While your filters may be cleaned or swapped out during your skilled air conditioning service, it’s important for you to check them each month and change them per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Every home has different needs when dealing with air filter replacement, relying on things like owning house pets or doing home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned regularly will also make sure your air conditioner is able to operate efficiently and will help you keep a cozy home. By sticking to these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to make sure your air conditioner will be prepped for whatever summer has in store. Give the team at Aggressive Mechanical a call at 732-806-5536.