Having regular air conditioning service completed at least yearly can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Neptune City season, have the professionals at Aggressive Mechanical perform your routine air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be done during a proper air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Inspect for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if required, examine for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, recover any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, rather than illegally discharging it to the environment.
- Look for efficient airflow throughout the system.
- Confirm the appropriate electric control sequence to make sure of correct sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Check the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters frequently is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that easy can help ensure your air conditioner continues to work at top efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it regularly. We recommend looking at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual influences in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Aggressive Mechanical today at 732-806-5536.