Summer and comfort go hand in hand, but when you’re dealing with an air conditioner that isn’t providing you with the comfort you expect, you may need to ponder air conditioner replacement. Take a few seconds and think about this scenario: it’s only a few weeks in to the summer and you’re enjoying a stress-free day at home. As lunchtime comes around, you recognize that it’s feeling awfully warm inside. You check the thermostat and all looks to be well with the settings, but the temperature is reading 85 degrees.
It’s quite possible that you rode it out as much as you could, but now it’s time to call in a technician and uncover what’s wrong. So what does that mean for you as a homeowner? Well, there are a number of reasons that you could be facing air conditioner replacement. And considering the weather in Neptune City, you don’t want to be left without what may be the single most substantial piece of home comfort equipment you own.
Here are a few things you should be on the lookout for if you think your air conditioner has stopped working:
- Insufficient air flow. If you recognize a change in air flow, check for a blocked return-air or supply-air grille. Be sure all of these grilles are not blocked by furniture or other items.
- Non-working outdoor fan. If you go outside to look at your air conditioner’s outdoor fan and it doesn’t run, you’ll want to give the pros at Aggressive Mechanical in Neptune City a call. That fan is responsible for the transferring of heat from your home to the outdoors. If it doesn’t run, that heat transfer isn’t happening and can cause a variety of issues, including overheating of the compressor and other potential internal damage.
- Outside obstructions. If your air conditioner is currently bordered by shrubbery or other potential obstructions, there could be a concern with good air flow to the unit. Over time this could also mean that dirt and debris end up clogging your system and damaging its cooling abilities. Ensure your system is free from obstructions and is cleaned routinely to potentially lessen your chances of needing air conditioner replacement.
- Dirty filters. One of the most common concerns that Aggressive Mechanical runs in to is improperly cared for filters. Dirty filters not only lessen airflow, they can also effect your system’s efficiency and can drive up your monthly energy costs. They also affect air quality and when allergy season is in full-swing, a dirty filter can have a huge impact on your home comfort.
If you have checked all of these and your air conditioner still isn’t working, follow these step-by-step instructions, only going to the next step if the system doesn’t start.
- Check that the thermostat temperature set-point is set below indoor temperature, and the system switch is in the COOL position.
- Is the outdoor unit power supply switch "on"?
- Is the furnace/air handler power supply "on"?
- Check the house fuse box/breaker box for a blown fuse or tripped circuit breaker.
- If the system still does not operate, call Aggressive Mechanical at 732-806-5536.
Having an inoperable air conditioner and dealing with air conditioner replacement doesn’t have to be a headache. Sure, your system may not be running , but that’s why the team at Aggressive Mechanical in Neptune City is here to help. Give us a call at 732-806-5536.