As we get deeper in to November and the temperature begins to fall, we’re faced with the imminent decision of when to flip on the heat. For some people, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with winter swiftly approaching now is the time to take in to consideration replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go bad in the middle of the coldest day of the year.
So when the time comes to replace your furnace, how do you know which option to choose between an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no good reason for being bundled up in 10 layers in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was going to go out.
Take a few minutes and read what both types of furnaces can offer and give us a ring at 732-806-5536 if you have any other questions.
- Up-front cost is lower than gas furnaces
- Provide more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more thorough because of dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are greater than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Not as much maintenance required
- Provides less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you choose, your comfort should never be in question, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions as you go through the process, don’t waver in giving Aggressive Mechanical in Neptune City a call at 732-806-5536. We’re more than happy to help answer all of your furnace questions.