On average, air ducts need to be cleaned every three to five years according to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association
. Contingent on a lot of factors—like your home’s location, how many pets you have, and how frequently your air filter has been replaced, to name a handful—you may adjust your air duct cleaning
more or less regularly. So, how can you tell for sure when it’s time to have your ducts cleaned? There are absolutely some revealing signs when it’s time.
Look for these clues:
- Are your cold air returns caked with dust or pet hair?
- Is there a blockage within your cold air return vent?
- Are your registers blowing out dust?
- When you gaze inside with a flashlight, can you see a collection of debris or pet fur?
- Have insects or rodents found shelter in your ductwork?
- Can you hear sound other than your blower motor when you listen to the airflow?
- When your vents are fully opened, do any have not as much airflow than others?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, it’s probably time to ask Aggressive Mechanical in Neptune City about air duct cleaning.
Prolonging Time Between Air Duct Cleaning
There are a few things you can do to help keep your ducts cleaner and extend the amount of time between professional cleanings.
Mostly importantly, setup routine HVAC maintenance with the specialists at Aggressive Mechanical. A tune-up of your furnace each fall and your AC each spring, which should comprise of inspection, and prospective replacement, of your air filter, will help keep your HVAC system operating well, and should help keep your ducts clean.
You can also converse with the team at Aggressive Mechanical about installing an air purification system. We offer the Lennox PureAir Air Purification System, Healthy Climate Carbon Clean 16 Media Air Cleaner, Healthy Climate 11 Media Air Cleaner, Healthy Climate High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) Filtration System and Healthy Climate UV Germicidal Lights.
Other steps you can take include:
- Regularly dusting and vacuuming your home.
- Inspecting your air filters regularly and exchanging them when the manufacturer recommends changing them. Most filters will present dust on them after a short period in service, but they may not demand replacement.
- Sealing seepages in air ducts that allow dust to enter from areas like your attic.
- Exchanging poor or impaired air-duct insulation.
With an expert air duct cleaning and some preemptive measures, you can help keep the air in your Neptune City home clean and healthy. Give the experts at Aggressive Mechanical a call at 732-806-5536.