During the cold Neptune City months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t occur in your house, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. However, if it occurs, a simple call to Aggressive Mechanical will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got some indicators you should look for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you are faced with an emergency repair job. Call Aggressive Mechanical as soon as possible if you observe any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and leave the lights off until your furnace can be evaluated by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re frequently turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair may be in order. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is not big enough for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you hear a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your energy bill, there are a variety of different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from Aggressive Mechanical can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It might be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as major as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, give us a call and we are happy to help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Aggressive Mechanical at 732-806-5536 or arrange an appointment with us online.